Data Analyst III
GHX’s Value Analysis and Strategic Sourcing (VA&SS) solution is at the forefront of clinical decision making for medical devices. We offer evidence-based software solutions and services that empower health systems across the US to reduce unwarranted variation and provide high-value care for their patients.
As a Data Analyst III, you will work on some of our most impactful data problems alongside other analysts and ETL engineers. This role works to improve and scale our data analysis and processing capabilities. You will thrive if you love exploring datasets, identifying and implementing performance improvements, finding ways to automate existing workflows, and collaborating cross-functionally to solve challenging problems in healthcare.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute towards VA&SS’s data processing capabilities with the goal of becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in the domain of healthcare supply chain data.
- Continually evaluate processes to create new efficiencies in data cleansing activities and analysis; and identify areas of automation.
- Work collaboratively with engineers and cross functional peers to ensure new data feeds meet data quality requirements.
- Take initiative in your own work, troubleshoot issues, and look for opportunities to gain insights on data quality and usability.
- Work closely with client-facing teams and clinical research teams to validate insights gathered from customer data sets.
- Work with business and technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests, applying agile principles to iterate quickly and obtain feedback.
- Write flexible, reusable, and efficient code utilizing best practices such as maintaining documentation and using version control.
- 3+ years of professional work experience doing data analysis, data engineering, statistical analysis or similar.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with database programming and/or other data analytics methods such as statistics, visualization, ML, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets. High degree of competence and comfort using MS Excel and SQL.
- Familiarity with tools such as Sisense(Periscope), DataGrip, DataDog, Gitlab, etc. is a plus.
- Operate as an empathetic team player, contributing to team objectives, displaying trust and mutual understanding, accepting feedback, and handling disagreement constructively.
- Articulate technical concepts, designs, and data issues to cross-functional teams who have varying levels of technical experience.
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishing goals, meeting deadlines, and holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to present solutions with both technical and non-technical arguments.
- Familiarity with data science tools, like python or R, is a plus.
- Familiarity with healthcare data rules and standards (such as HIPAA) from working with health or healthcare data (healthcare supplies procurement, purchasing, logistics, or data from EHR/EMR systems like Epic or Cerner) is a plus.
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $62,000 - $83,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Something looks off?