Software Engineer III
Candidate must be well-versed and comfortable working in multiple aspects of a multi-tiered architecture, including but not limited to Cloud Based applications and CICD processes.
Should be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated, highly detail oriented, able to context switch easily, able to work with vendor/offshore team(s), good team player.
Will work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet company initiatives with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Define, Design and develop components using Java.
- Collaborate with architects, Systems Engineering and Product Management and other technical and non-technical stakeholders in the current product development process
- Formulate and communicate technical vision and strategy to business and technical stakeholders
- Design and develop data architecture, data definition and data manipulation structures in multiple database solutions including MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
- Implement all aspects of development, to include database, presentation, middle tier and system interfaces
- As a member of the Agile delivery team, collaborate with the rest of the team and product daily
- Respond quickly to changes in requirements
- Develop system and maintenance documentation
- Participate in Project planning and Estimation
- Prepare the architectural document artefacts
- Mentor development teams around sound design and coding practices
- Assist with testing and release process, including writing unit and integrated testing.
- Coordinate with development team members, perform code , design & architectural reviews
- Execute architectural design spikes
- Evaluate third party software products used in the solution as needed
- Provide detailed & accurate estimates for code development efforts
- BS in Computer Science, or related degree (Math, Engineering, Computers) required, or a combination of education and related experience
- 5+ years’ professional development experience in Java
- 3+ years’ experience with service oriented development
- Experience with Cloud Architecture and distributed systems.
- Familiarity using Linux is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and being able to work under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, not only to accomplish assigned development tasks with a minimum of prepared documentation, but also to identify areas for improvement, and ability to combine these improvements into the product
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Rules Engine and/or Event driven architecture
- Experience creating unit tests
- Exposure to performance and scalability improvement
Skills Related to Position:
- Languages: Java, SQL, Python (nice to have) , NodeJS (nice to have),
- Framework: Spring (nice to have), Angular (nice to have)
- Backend: MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB,
- XML, Java Script, Ajax, CSS
Estimated Salary Range for this position: $98,000 - $112,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Something looks off?