SVP, Finance and Accounting
SVP, Finance and Accounting
Global Healthcare Exchange is seeking a progressive and strategic leader to help us achieve our financial goals while embodying our company values. The SVP, Finance and Accounting (SVPFA) supports and partners with the CFO to grow the business while driving financial performance. The position works with the executive team and broader business as a leader overseeing investor board reporting, revenue and EBITDA guidance, balancing broad financial responsibilities, enterprise risks and cost to business impact assessment. This role includes developing a talented and high performing team, supporting team culture, and building partnerships cross-functionally in a rapidly changing and scaling environment. Success in this role is dependent on the incumbent's ability to display thought leadership, embrace process improvement and strength of strategic execution.
The SVPFA will be responsible for the vision, leadership, strategic direction, and performance of the financial functions and oversee the design and execution of financial reporting, corporate accounting functions, tax and the development and implementation of related systems, controls, procedures, and policies. The SVPFA will lead financial KPIs and report on and review financial results with senior leadership while ensuring compliance with federal practices and other applicable rules. The SVPFA will be responsible for leading a strong operational and business partnering-oriented organization. This role is responsible for in-depth finance and accounting data to support complex cash management and budget decision making. This role requires a savvy, hands-on finance executive with the ability to effectively lead and drive change across the organization, as well as lead continuous improvement and transformation efforts in the financial space.
- Lead a global finance team in driving financial performance to ensure financial goals (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash commitments) are met while aligning with corporate policies and procedures
- Lead reporting, forecasting and planning process, including distribution of appropriate financial targets for profitable growth of the various business segments and proactive analysis of the financial statements for opportunities to increase income
- Strategically partner with GMs and leadership team to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, business ventures, customer profitability and cost control
- Ability to create high level financial presentations based on data to support key business objectives to key partners at board and investor level
- Deliver on KPIs with rigor and consistency
- Act as a “Chief Operating Officer” to ensure global alignment across functional organizations including Sales, IT, HR and Marketing to achieve business commitments
- Perform market and customer analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance
- Define, develop and enthusiastically drive process improvements to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality and reliability, improve information provided to leadership for business decisions
- Oversee financial closing activities to ensure accuracy of all finance statements and schedules
- Mentor and develop a world class finance team by actively recruiting and promoting talent
- Must be knowledgeable in multiple business models. Products, Projects (POC) and Services. Managing Mix of Product lines and Channels (go to market) is also a key skill expected from the candidate
- Support business through M&A activities
Leadership and Management
- Building an effective and focused team of finance, accounting and control professionals, including building a talent pipeline for succession planning purposes.
- Continue to build a high-performing, high-potential, and diverse accounting team, by embodying a multiplier mentality. Deeply invest in the development and growth of team members through training, mentorship, and rotational opportunities.
- Partner and guide our business leaders to prioritize investments and align with company strategy.
- Lead with integrity and model for others a collaborative, transparent and inclusive leadership style. Manages and completes special projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Post-undergraduate education in accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of corporate accounting and financial leadership experience
- Previous experience as a Chief Accounting Officer of a public corporation required
Required Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in public company SEC accounting
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style
- Highly proficient financial analysis skills and the ability to give timely and meaningful counsel to senior management
- Experience working with Tech focused companies either internally or in a consulting environment
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and reporting under US GAAP
- MBA in Finance is considered an asset
- Experience in Healthcare is a plus
- Experienced with external accounting and reporting standards
- Ability to think conceptually, is forward looking, continually innovating and improving. Results and process driven, and possesses excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter, well organized. Strong work ethic and sound judgement. Experience in recruiting, training, developing and retaining a strong and responsive staff
- Merger & acquisition and integration accounting experience
- Deep technical accounting knowledge
Estimated Salary Range for this Position: $240,000-300,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Something looks off?