Senior Manager, Engineering
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Kyruus' mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. At Kyruus, our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Manager, Engineering role.
Care: You will provide guidance and support to your teams, prioritizing their needs and enabling their growth and development. Your commitment to excellence will be evident in your determination to deliver superior products.
Driven: You will approach tasks and challenges with a sense of curiosity and enthusiasm, strive to gain new knowledge, and lead tasks and challenges towards suitable business solutions.
Respect: You are expected to demonstrate professionalism by treating everyone respectfully and attentively. It is important to actively listen to others' opinions, lead with kindness and empathy, and offer constructive feedback when appropriate, while also being open to receiving feedback yourself.
Accountable: You are expected to handle your time effectively, consistently meet your responsibilities to stakeholders, and regularly reflect on and adapt your work ethic to enhance personal development and progress.
What you will do in a Senior Manager, Engineering role at Kyruus:
- You will report to the Director of Engineering for Applications in the Application Development Department within the Engineering & Technology Division.
- You will manage high performing teams of frontend software engineers, delivering best in class software.
- You will be responsible for the frontend application development for several commercial products.
- You will provide technical leadership and direction to the engineering teams to deliver product solutions.
- You will partner with Product Management to establish and align on business, functional, and non-functional requirements; set clear, feasible software delivery expectations; collaborate on adapting to unexpected changes in plans and roadmaps; and to deliver on commitments with high reliability and accountability.
- You will be an engaged leader and meet regularly with your teams, partners and peers to provide support and ensure alignment, partnership and Engineering Excellence while building confidence and predictability in your teams.
- You will recruit, hire, develop and coach exceptional, highly-skilled engineers; set clear goals that are aligned to our corporate and product objectives; monitor performance and provide timely constructive feedback; and will continually work to optimize the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of your teams.
- You will help drive engineering initiatives at the team level.
- You will be a subject matter expert (SME) in products that your teams are responsible for; providing timely feedback to questions, triage of issues, and product documentation.
- You will participate in / lead root cause analysis (RCA) discussions and be responsible for any team related action items that result from investigations.
- You will remain current on customer commitments, product roadmaps, and service level agreements (SLAs) for your products.
- You will track team metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- You will embrace our culture and values and will work to instill these values into your leaders and staff.
- You will lead projects leveraging corporate defined agile methodologies where you will coach through sprint cycle stages, drive technology best practices and ensure work is accurately estimated, performance, and progress is tracked and reported to stakeholders.
- You will work closely with Information Security (InfoSec) and other functional teams to ensure that product designs, engineering processes, and the management of data, align with corporate and industry policies and best practices.
- You will be accountable for ensuring that information is handled according to cybersecurity controls (e.g., SOC2, HITRUST), customer agreements, and legislative regulations (e.g., HIPAA).
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Manager, Engineering role can move in a more linear career path to a Director position. From there, you could move into a VP level role within the Engineering & Technology Division vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
How You Can Grow
What you will bring:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, including hands-on technical experience building web based software solutions, and 5+ years of managing software engineering teams.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, patterns for software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and release management.
- You will be skilled in Agile methodologies and will bring your experience in leading and coaching Agile teams through planning, execution and delivery phases.
- You will have experience managing full-time employees (FTE) and contract resources that may be located onshore, nearshore, and offshore across multiple time zones.
- Experience developing and/or leading teams that develop SaaS user interfaces (front-end) with modern technologies such as ReactJS and Node with attention to user experience and customer satisfaction.
- You have a solid background in cloud development including serverless compute, microservices, containers, and API development and deployment within cloud environments.
- You bring your knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipelines and process automation, including the technologies and the processes around CI/CD development, to help accelerate delivery.
- You are familiar with multi-cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure), and the technologies that they employ in order to power efficient software development and delivery.
- Experience in Google Workspace (G-Suite) or Microsoft Office.
- BA/BS or higher (in lieu of degree 4+ years of experience).
- Ideally you will have professional training / certifications in Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe).
- Ideally you will have experience with the following tools and technologies: Aha!, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Artifactory, Flow, CircleCI, Jenkins, and Slack,
- Ideally, you have worked in the healthcare industry and understand the ecosystem and data security compliance, the customers, their interactions, the information that is coordinated, and client lifecycle challenges in this area.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.