Clinical Pharmacist, Chronic Care
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As a member of the clinical effectiveness team, you will work on improving health outcomes of our members in an evidence-based, cost efficient manner. You will work closely with our primary care providers, nurses and behavioral health specialists caring for individuals with chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity, asthma, contraception, and psychiatric conditions such as anxiety, depression and ADHD. You will work within our chronic care management team fully integrated in primary care.
What you'll be working on:
- Assessing medication regimens for patients in our chronic care management program and recommending changes to drug treatment and monitoring plans based on patient interviews, review of drug profiles, and patient medical record.
- Ordering laboratory tests and reviewing results for monitoring effectiveness and side effects related to therapy for members enrolled in care management programs.
- Educating and counseling patients on drug regimens and chronic disease states to improve medication safety and medication adherence.
- Interacting and providing care to our members virtually (video, messaging, telephone).
- Serving as a consultant to our PCPs in improving the clinical effectiveness of pharmaceuticals and providing clinical education via presentation, newsletter, or one-one interaction when needed.
- Collaborating with our quality and population health teams in designing data-driven outreach and interventions.
- Engaging in periodic reviews of clinical trials and other published drug monographs to ensure our care guidelines are up to date, and periodically perform DUE for selected medications.
- Participating in Design Thinking and innovation based processes with the chronic care management team.
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an accredited program
- Licensed in California and in good standing with the pharmacy board, and willingness to obtain additional state licensures as needed
- Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program in the United States
- Preferred: Board Certification in Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapy (BCACP or BCPS)
- At least 2 years experience practicing in a primary care or outpatient setting
- Experience in chronic care management for conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and hypertension is required
- Able to critically review published clinical literature
- Strong analytical skills, able to draw insights from drug utilization patterns
- Strong communication and presentation skills
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered patient care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based chronic care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- The understanding of the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
This is full time, 40 hours per week. This role is 100% remote.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base salary range for this role is $133,500 to $180,000 per year. Total compensation packages may be based on factors unique to particular candidates, such skill sets, depth of experience, and work location. The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, RSUs, and/or benefits. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.