Senior Health Physician - Value Based Care
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
About Senior Health:
One Medical Seniors is a network of primary care practices where we take the time to know our patients as true individuals, and proactively provide the care, support, and inspiration they need to live their best life. We created a high-impact relationship based care model that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care. Our practices offer smaller panel sizes, no billing or coding, and the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery while working with a true team. One Medical Seniors wants to restore humanity to healthcare, for both patients and team members.
We are seeking Primary Care Physicians to join our growing, outpatient practices in Houston. TX. Our Team Physicians work closely with the Medical Directors to play a critical role in both care delivery and ongoing practice innovation. Rediscover the "joy in practice" while working in a value-based care environment with a team to support you in delivering high quality patient care.
What you'll likely work on
- Provide best in class comprehensive primary care in an outpatient setting.
- Partner with the care team and leverage One Medical Seniors coaching and integrated behavioral health models to engage our geriatric patient population in care and drive behavior change.
- Utilize our proprietary Electronic Health Record to plan care for individual patients and maximize impact on the population.
- State of the art practice setting designed for a team-based practice model
- Leadership that values your input and understands the importance of work/life balance
- Weekly protected time during the work day, to gather with fellow One Medical Senior providers for team building and shared discussion of challenging cases.
What you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of primary care experience required.
- Currently licensed or ability to obtain licensure in the state of Texas.
- The ability to build successful relationships with team members and communicate effectively both 1-on-1 and in groups.
- Can thrive in a fast-growing, mission driven organization focused on using data to improve patient outcomes.
- Board Certification in Internal or Family Medicine required.
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- CME & Licensure Reimbursement
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This role is based at our Four Corners office in Houston, TX.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.