Manager, VMT Training and Knowledge Management (Remote)
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As the Manager, VMT Training and Knowledge Management, you will play a key role in managing the operations components of training for One Medical’s Virtual Medical Team. Working closely with both operations and clinical teams, the Manager, VMT Training and Knowledge Management will be responsible for the day-to-day program management of VMT training - spanning orientation and continuous professional development. You will be part of the Operations team working to develop and improve the training function that enables our virtual providers to deliver exceptional care to our members.
While reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, you will also work closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that training best practices and key principles of adult learning are upheld in support of our broader provider development initiatives. The operations aspects of this role will include developing and maintaining project plans, ensuring milestones and key deliverables are met, and developing mitigation plans for anticipated issues and risks. You will also be responsible for preparing and delivering communications to partners across the organization, and facilitating conversations that drive progress against our goals, uphold accountability, and enable collaborative decision-making. At times, your role will require creative problem-solving and development as we innovate to transform healthcare for our members. Your role will also include creative thinking in creating and refining a knowledge management system. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to challenge themselves while working alongside a supportive and passionate Operations team at a high growth, innovative healthcare organization.
What you'll likely work on:
- Manage the development and delivery of a clinical curriculum for VMT providers
- Own all professional development components of the provider lifecycle including orientation and continuous learning
- Identify training requirements and architect the operational aspects of the VMT training program
- Monitor and evaluate training program effectiveness, success and ROI using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Collaborate closely with clinical partners and team SME’s for content development
- Establish a knowledge management system for clinical content
- Deliver projects on time with demonstrated analytical thinking and strong problem solving skills
What you’ll need:
- You will have at least 4+ years of professional experience in corporate Learning and Development role and at least 1 year of experience managing people directly
- Strong experience in operations while managing, developing, and facilitating training programs to adult learners
- Possess a keen understanding of training best practices and key adult learning principles
- Ability to create and maintain project plans, including working cross-functionally with various stakeholders to uphold accountability
- Strong analytical skills supported by proficiency with Excel, Looker, Tableau or similar
- Proficient with creating and editing presentations by proficiency with Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Experience working in Continu platform preferred
- Ability to translate strategic goals into tactical plans while being organized, methodical, and detail-oriented; demand to deliver high quality work products
- Possess clear and concise communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and be able to tailor communication delivery to meet the needs of the audience
- Have effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize work based on team and business goals and deadlines.
- Be a collaborative partner and have demonstrated skills working in a team environment
- Be a curious learner with an excitement for creating new processes and structure to drive innovation and excellence in virtual care delivery
- Ability to exercise strong judgment independently and willing to share your opinion with colleagues and executives
- Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and rapid change
- BS or BA Degree degree preferred
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based anywhere in the United States.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.