Urgent Care Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Sign-On Bonus Available
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Full time
What you'll likely work on:
- Urgent Care providers are responsible for managing patients' acute care concerns. This role is a blend of urgent care, but in a primary care setting
- Common concerns and procedures could include: STI diagnosis and treatment, staple removal, suture removal, pelvic exams, I&Ds, IVs, nebulizer treatment, URIs, coughs, bronchitis, UTIs, chest pain, abdominal pain, psychiatry screening and stabilization, etc.
- Maintain evidence-based and current knowledge as it relates to urgent care practice and procedures as well as basic proficiency in primary care topics (hypertension, diabetes, depression/anxiety, etc). Comfortable with initial management of acute changes in chronic conditions
- Documentation of physical exam, procedures and in-office medications/prescriptions
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An interest in using technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based care
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Completed an accredited FNP program or PA program with a national certification
- In the past 5 years, practiced as a full family Advanced Practitioner seeing patients ages 0 and up for at least 2 years in an urgent care or emergency care setting, OR 1 year in an urgent care or emergency care setting coupled with 1 year in an outpatient primary care setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Ability to work at least 3 holidays a year
- Ability to work two full weekends per month (4 shifts)
- State licensed in California, obtained by your One Medical start date
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Sign-on bonus available - paid upon start
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
This is full-time role based in Berkeley, CA.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base salary range for this role is $174,000 to $184,000 based on a full-time schedule. Final determination of starting pay may vary based on factors such as practice experience and patient care schedule. Additional pay may be determined for those candidates that exceed these specified qualifications and requirements. The total compensation package for this position may also include RSUs; and/or benefits. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.