Staff Software Engineer, Growth
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
Our One Medical for Business team has been rapidly growing and we are honored to partner with great companies such as Google, NASDAQ, Airbnb, Pinterest, Instacart, Zendesk, and ING. To support our continued growth we have an opportunity for an exceptional Staff Engineer to join our team.
As a member of our business focused team you’ll work directly with our customers, partners and internal stakeholders to design and build solutions that enable One Medical to grow the membership of our world-class service. You'll make sure users can easily learn about our offerings, sign up as a customer, onboard their staff and get acquainted with the care options that are available to them. You’ll build tools that help our internal stakeholders in marketing, sales and client services to be more efficient and delight our customers and members. A growth team at heart - we are opportunity focused, data driven and fast moving and we’re looking for team members that thrive in that environment.
As a staff engineer, you will partner with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager to communicate with stakeholders, define technical direction and define team goals with the rest of the department.
What you'll likely work on:
- Promote engineering best practices and help define the technical roadmap for the team
- Provide support for other teams through collaboration on growth projects
- Collaborate with other engineers across the organization to build tooling that supports their day-to-day development needs
- This role is a great fit for a generalist who enjoys digging deep into technical challenges while also keeping a close eye on our users’ needs.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of web application engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a leadership role (e.g. technical lead, team lead)
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python, Node, etc)
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and drive towards well-reasoned decisions
- Eagerness to solve challenges through work across the full technology stack
- Experience and commitment to agile (iterative) software development practices
Not required, but would be great if you also had
- Past experience on a growth team or at a startup
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code technology
- Experience with server and/or client-side performance tuning
- Passion for continuous learning and mentoring others
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States. One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary range for this role is $152,000 to $260,000 Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, RSUs, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.