One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
About One Medical & PeakMed:
We’re changing healthcare at One Medical & PeakMed, but we can’t do it alone. Ready to make a difference?
In April of 2022, One Medical acquired PeakMed, a direct primary care provider focused on improving health outcomes and making quality care more accessible. By joining forces, we’re able to expand our reach and help more people fall in love with their doctor's office. PeakMed's direct primary care model means you get to focus on what's most important — developing relationships with patients and providing the best care possible. Want to join us?
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll provide an exceptional experience for our patients and help them accomplish an important part of their care journey by providing venipuncture as well as other clinical support services. Reporting to the Practice Manager and collaborating closely with our diverse team of providers and medical receptionists, you’ll be an integral part of our patient’s primary care team. You’ll utilize the highest quality standards to perform specimen collections and processing, while providing a personalized and calming experience for our patients. PeakMed’s direct primary care model allows you to spend more time with the patient and less time navigating complex billing. You will use a growth mindset to navigate the rapidly changing technology and workflows that keep us on the forefront of modern day healthcare, all while providing best in class, human-centered care to our patients.
You are a strong team player and use your innovative problem solving skills to tackle various tasks and challenges. You combine excellent specimen collection technique with tactful interpersonal skills during every interaction with your patients. You have an unwavering drive to help and serve others and create amazing moments for our members and teammates. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect.
What you’ll work on:
Administrative Duties (may include, but not limited to):
- Using computer applications
- Answering telephones
- Welcoming patients
- Updating and filing patient medical records
- Coding and filling out insurance forms
- Scheduling appointments
- Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
Clinical Duties (may include, but not limited to):
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Drawing blood
- Taking electrocardiograms
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
What you’ll need:
- At least 1 year of experience in high touch customer or patient facing roles
- At least 3 months of experience practicing phlebotomy outside of a training/externship environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in computer technology such as typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems simultaneously
- Experience working on collaborative, diverse, multi-disciplinary teams (additional experience with remote teams a plus)
- A proven ability to display confidence and instill trust during the collection process while delivering individualized, human-centered, customer-focused care
- A proven track record of persisting through change, consistently stepping up to take action on challenges, and learning quickly and effectively when faced with new situations or tasks
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
- Experience with extended scope care including but not limited to non-blood specimen collection and processing, EKGs/ECGs, vitals, ear lavages, vaccines, PPD tests, and swabs preferred
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free PeakMed memberships for yourself, and your legal dependents
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base hourly range for this role is $20.00 to $22.00 based on a standard full-time schedule. Total compensation packages may be based on factors unique to particular candidates, such as skill sets, depth of experience, and work location. The total compensation package for this position may also include benefits. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This opportunity is based at our Inverness office in Littleton, CO.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.