Office Medical Director - Sign-On Bonus Available
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for energetic and passionate leaders to manage the people, processes and technology that make One Medical unique. As an Office Medical Director, you’ll have the chance to lead your local team in demonstrating clinical excellence and practicing sustainability. In collaboration with your manager, the District Medical Director and your operations partner, the Office Manager, you’ll solve problems and shape our organizational priorities. You will be able to continually develop your management and leadership skills as you learn about our business and its operations and engage your local team
- Full time
- Managing a team of in-office providers (MDs, DOs, NPs, and/or PAs) and ensuring that the providers on your team meet our clinical standards and patient care needs
- Guiding and supporting providers’ professional development
- Partnering with Office Manager to support a collaborative, positive office community
- Managing communication, with context, between your office and other districts, regional, and central teams; represent One Medical to the local community
- Owning specific office management and HR functions
- Managing a patient panel with a broad array of patient needs; conducting a mix of acute, chronic, and well visits
- Treating patients in-office or in testing centers as well as conducting occasional tele-health visits
- Continuous learning during weekly Clinical Rounds and through other modalities
- Ongoing collaboration with in-office teammates via daily huddles, as well as with virtual clinical teams
- Utilization of your specific clinical training and opportunities to perform in-office procedures
- Supervising one or more NP or PA colleagues
- Enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited Internal or Family Medicine residency program
- Practiced at least 2 of the last 5 years in an outpatient primary care setting, or have completed a residency program in the last 5 years
- Minimum of 1 year managing a team of providers
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine. If not yet Board Certified, must presently be a Board Eligible Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Resident, or have completed a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Residency Program within the last calendar year and scheduled to take the next available Board Exam
- State licensed in California, obtained before your One Medical start date
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The commitment to developing others through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch assignments which aligns employee career development goals with organizational objectives
- The ability to establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results including holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- The ability to address difficult issues and supports others who do the same
- The ability to build teams with an appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience that will apply their skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- The ability to create a climate in which people are motivated to do their best by inviting input and sharing ownership and visibility
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in San Jose, CA.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base salary range for this role is $156,800 to $309,400 based on a full-time schedule. Final determination of starting pay may vary based on factors such as practice experience and patient care schedule. Additional pay may be determined for those candidates that exceed these specified qualifications and requirements. The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.