Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist (RN)
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
The Medicare Risk Operations team at One Medical promotes and supports our relentless commitment to deliver the highest quality care to our patients. We support our care team members by providing detailed clinical documentation practices, surfacing diagnoses for provider evaluation, and helping drive clinical decision making. Our mission on the Medicare Risk Operations team is to help our providers document the most accurate and comprehensive medical records possible to deliver high-quality, efficient, evidence-based care to our complex patients.
As a member of the Medicare Risk Operations (MRO) team and reporting to the Manager of CDI, the CDI specialist will be responsible for supporting One Medical Senior Health’s Medicare Risk Operations and other Medicare Population Health Programs in reviewing concurrent and retrospective medical records to evaluate the completeness of outpatient provider documentation in addition to auditing and educating providers across the Senior Health line of business.
This role may be a good fit for you if you have strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, knowledge of medical terminology and coding as well as an analytical & problem solving mindset. If you are passionate about healthcare improvement and want to be a part of a growing organization, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll likely work on:
- Reviews office notes of patients to identify the diagnoses in the HCC model and to assign a working HCC. Performs initial reviews, concurrent reviews and retrospective reviews to ensure there is adequate supporting documentation for HCC diagnoses in the note.
- Educates internal staff on clinical documentation and coding guidelines. Develops and conducts ongoing CDI education for new staff including coders, physicians, nurses, and behavioral health specialists.
- Develops and supports strong professional relationships with medical providers across the system.
- Does review sessions with clinicians in local markets via video or face to face when possible.
- Utilizes a compliant query process per guidelines and policy when conducting all queries. Follows each query through to closure including complete documentation of ongoing follow up activities and communication.
- Prospectively generates suspect conditions based on findings from chart review and assists in the creation of decision support logic.
- Assists in other monitoring activities, special department projects or other needs as determined by the department manager.
- Provide ongoing CDI team learning opportunities through sharing of professional knowledge.
- Maintains integrity and compliance in all chart reviews and CDI documentation and queries at all times.
- Review medical records to identify documentation that supports closure of HEDIS and other quality gaps and with other cross functional teams to submit to health plans via attestation or electronic filings as appropriate.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to implement MRO initiatives.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years working as Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) Nurse or Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Nurse
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) or have Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Minimum of 3 years inpatient hospital nursing experience required
- CCS, CCDS or CDIP preferred.
- Knowledge of age-specific needs and the elements of disease processes and related procedures.
- Working Knowledge of the Medicare Advantage reimbursement system and HCC Coding required.
- Working knowledge of HEDIS quality specification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently in a time-oriented environment.
- Tech savviness. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google suite of products, including Gmail and Calendar.
This is a full time remote position based anywhere in the United States.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base salary range for this role is $73,000 to $134,000. However, actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate. These factors include, but are not limited to, job related knowledge and skill set, depth of experience, certifications and/or degrees, and specific work location.
The total compensation package for certain roles may also include additional components such as a sign-on bonus, annual performance bonus, equity grants in the form of RSUs, medical and other benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans. For more information, please visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/.
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.