Virtual Seasonal NP/PA - CA Licensed
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
The One Medical Virtual Medical Team (VMT) is a leading provider of virtual clinical care, providing world-class, convenient, evidence-based virtual medical care to One Medical patients in concert with their primary care providers. Through advanced technology and a team-based approach, we care for patients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our team is united by intellectual curiosity, inclusiveness, and a powerful mission: transforming healthcare and bringing world-class primary care to everyone.
- Seasonal Employee from October, November, & December 2023
- 38 hours minimum weekly in October, November, and December 2023
- 3 weekends per month
- Support 2 of 3 major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day)
What you’ll be working on:
- Treating patients via tele-health visits, including telephonic triage calls, video visit appointments, and email follow-ups
- Continuous learning during weekly Clinical Rounds and through other modalities
- Ongoing collaboration with both virtual and in-office teammates via daily huddles
- Utilization of your specific clinical training and opportunities to give exceptional care to patients virtually
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Completed an accredited FNP or PA program with a national certification
- Currently licensed in CA with ability to obtain additional state licenses as needed
- In the past 5 years, practiced as an Advanced Practitioner for at least:
- 2 years in an outpatient primary care setting seeing patients of all ages (0+), OR 2 years in an urgent care or emergency medicine setting seeing patients of all ages (0+) Ability to work weekday and weekend shifts (every other Saturday and Sunday required)
- Ability to work afternoons and evenings (current shifts range from starting at 7am to ending at 10pm)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills with the ability to follow established clinical protocols and workflows
- An example schedule for this role:
- Wednesday: 1p-10pm Pacific
- Thursday: 1p-10pm Pacific
- Friday: 1p-10pm Pacific
- Saturday: 1p-10pm Pacific
- Sunday: 1p-10pm Pacific
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
This is a non-benefited virtual role.
This position pays $80 per hour.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.