Family Medicine Physician
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
With a shared commitment to transforming the healthcare experience, One Medical and Hartford HealthCare have partnered to deliver seamless coordinated care and expanded access to primary care across Connecticut. Together, the two organizations aim to achieve greater clinical integration while providing exceptional value to the communities we serve.
- 40 hours a week
What you’ll be working on:
- Cultivating a strong, engaged, and empowered team
- Maintaining and fostering clinical excellence
- Supporting the district’s business performance, in collaboration with operations leadership
- Leading the office medical directors in delivering on patient promises of outstanding and affordable quality, access, and service
- Designing and managing key operational drivers that make our practice work, including workflow, resource, and performance management
- Developing and executing plans for strategic growth within the market
- Collaborating with other district medical directors, departments, and local partners to continuously innovate and improve
- Partnering with the recruiting team to interview, hire, and onboard new providers
- Cultivating an environment that continues to make One Medical an amazing place to work
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- A minimum of 1 year of managing several primary care offices including managing a team of providers and clinical leaders
- Practiced at least 2 of the last 5 years in an outpatient primary care setting
- Board certified in Family Medicine or Medicine/Pediatrics, or Board Eligible with plans to obtain board certification within 1 year of your One Medical start date
- State licensed in Connecticut, obtained before your One Medical start date
One Medical clinical leaders also demonstrate:
- The ability to attract and develop talent
- They are able to build effective teams and the ability to drive vision and purpose
- They possess the business acumen and insights to balance their stakeholders and to drive results
- The ability to marshal resources to get things done and orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in Darien, CT.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.