Behavioral Health Specialist
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
About Senior Health:
At One Medical we are transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier and healthier. Our patients get a team that respects and listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, and it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.
We are seeking a Full-time Integrated Primary Care Behavioral Health Specialist to join our senior health practice in Glendale and Lakewood, CO. This position will serve as a key member of the integrated primary care practice team, playing a critical role in serving the behavioral health needs of our patients. The Behavioral Health Specialist will work closely with the Team Physicians, Medical Director, Clinical Team Manager, and Director of Behavioral Health.
One Medical has a network of primary care practices where we take the time to know our patients as true individuals, and proactively provide the care, support, and inspiration they need to live their best life. Our practices offer smaller panel sizes, no billing or coding, and the opportunity to lead systemic change in health care delivery while working with a true team. We are a fast-paced, fresh-thinking, high-growth company building a better model of health care delivery.
What you'll likely work on
- Co-manage the assessment and treatment of psychiatric and chronic medical conditions, psychosocial issues, and health behavior change through consultation and brief, focused assessment and treatment.
- Provide education and consultation to health coaches and clinicians on the basic principles of brief behavioral interventions and reinforcing their use in medical visits.
- Evaluate crisis situations and employ appropriate interventions.
- Facilitate group-based visits and workshops to holistically address medical and behavioral health needs.
- Improve population health outcomes by ensuring all patients and primary care team members have access to behavioral health expertise.
- Facilitating and overseeing referrals to specialty mental health services and supporting a smooth transition from specialty mental health services to primary care.
- Collaborate with other Behavioral Health Specialist's across Iora Health to improve behavioral health skills company wide.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in an integrated care setting is highly desired.
- Must be currently licensed, or license eligible, to practice independently in Colorado. (only PHD, PsyD, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LMHC licensure accepted).
- REQUIRED: Masters degree in psychology, counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy or related field.
- Preferred: Highest degree in academic concentration (PhD, PsyD or equivalent).
- Has excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Is highly skilled in evidence-based interventions including cognitive behavioral therapy and/or acceptance and commitment therapy, and motivational interviewing.
- Has exceptional capacity to multitask, is flexible, and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Has strong communication and teaching skills.
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- CME & Licensure Reimbursement
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
This is a full-time position in Glendale and Lakewood, CO. The starting salary for Masters level is $80,000 - $86,000 and Doctorate level is $113,000 - $120,000.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.