Head of Legal Affairs
Founded in 2016, Innovusion has core R&D teams in Silicon Valley, USA and Suzhou, China. Relying on the advanced technologies and controllable cost, Innovusion's long range image-grade LiDAR is a market leader in the autonomous driving industry. Products are also widely used in the field of vehicle-road collaboration, rail transit, intelligent highway and unmanned mining.
Who is Innovusion?
Innovusion is a global leader in the design and manufacture of image-grade LiDAR sensors and software. Our partners – leaders in the future of autonomous driving, intelligent transportation, rail and industrial automation – choose us for our industry-leading technology and production expertise. And our team is friendly, dynamic and probably the most genuine and down-to-earth experts you'll ever meet.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Are you passionate about driving the groundbreaking LiDAR technologies? Does helping organizations achieve their business objectives through the usage of new technology inspire you?
If your answer is yes, we have the perfect job opportunity for you!
As a Head of Legal Affairs, you'll serve as the focal point for all legal matters and work closely with cross-functional teams and outside counsels to develop our strategies.
LOCATION: Candidates MUST live in/near Sunnyvale, CA
How will you make an impact?
- Oversee the legal matters of the business as a whole and globally, including acting as the business’ legal representative.
- Quickly assimilate Innovusion’s internal structures, product offerings, technology, security/data protection systems, policies, and standard commercial contracts to enable effective support across all lines of business.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents including non-disclosure agreements, partnership, vendor and other commercial contracts, and manage the contract process from drafting to execution.
- Collaborate with corporate development and business development teams for corporate development events and provide legal support for company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Manage legal requests from all areas of the business, summarizing, communicating, and advising on legal concepts in support of business partners and company executives.
- Partner with both internal and external legal teams to build, execute, and manage an IP strategy and portfolio, including developing and growing a patent portfolio, identifying, and mitigating third-party IP issues, and providing counsel to executive team on IP issues and strategy.
- Lead corporate governance matters, including maintaining subsidiaries, tracking filing obligations, drafting board and shareholders meeting materials and other corporate matters.
- Lead investigation and litigations.
- Track and facilitate process of obtaining licenses and communication with regulators.
- Conduct ad-hoc legal research, develop in-house standard templates and policies review company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions, and maintain organizational record keeping system.
- Stay up-to-date and advise executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
What qualifications and skills will make you succeed in this role?
- JD or LLM degree plus active license by the state bar of California
- 10+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm and/or an in-house legal team, preferably in a high-tech industry
- Experience in general corporate and securities matters
- Enthusiastic about LiDAR technology and have basic understanding (or eager to learn) about relevant legal/regulatory landscape
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well with others and to thrive in a collaborative team
- Ability to navigate through legal ambiguity with high degree of focus
Nice to Haves:
- Self-starter, quick learner with sense of urgency, highly driven and proactive
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional matters and with a global legal team
- Project management experience with superior organizational skills
What core values will you add at Innovusion?
- Emerging: We embrace the challenges with the opportunities as we shape our future together.
- Dynamic: It is the combination of each member’s energy, innovative spirit, open-mindedness, creativity, and unique experience that give us our dynamic edge.
- Genuine: We keep it real – be it with our customers, our partners, or each other. We are dedicated to being honest and collaborative in all that we do.
- Excellence: We continuously strive for higher performance, higher quality, higher precision, and higher safety.
Where is this role located?
Hybrid: This role is a hybrid position in Sunnyvale, CA. Candidate must be able to travel up to 10%.
What are the benefits and perks of working at Innovusion?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights:
- A variety of health insurance plans
- Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness reimbursement
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings etc.)
What is the Pay Range?
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, annual base salary for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Innovusion. We also offer an annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for equity (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success.
Innovusion, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Innovusion is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
Innovusion takes data privacy and identity theft very seriously. As such, we do not request personally-identifiable information (PII) from applicants over the internet or electronically. Please kindly refrain from disclosing your PII electronically during the application process or to unauthorized websites that may purport to be Innovusion or any of our affiliates.