Staff Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Founded in 2016, Innovusion has core R&D teams in Silicon Valley, USA and Suzhou, China. Relying on the advanced technologies and controllable cost, Innovusion's long range image-grade LiDAR is a market leader in the autonomous driving industry. Products are also widely used in the field of vehicle-road collaboration, rail transit, intelligent highway and unmanned mining.
Who is Innovusion?
Innovusion is a global leader in the design and manufacture of image-grade LiDAR sensors and software. Our partners – leaders in the future of autonomous driving, intelligent transportation, rail and industrial automation – choose us for our industry-leading technology and production expertise. And our team is friendly, dynamic and probably the most genuine and down-to-earth experts you'll ever meet.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Are you passionate about designing, prototyping, and validating the groundbreaking LiDAR technologies? Does helping organizations achieve their business objectives through the usage of new technology inspire you?
If your answer is yes, we have the perfect job opportunity for you!
As a Staff Opto-Mechanical Engineer, you'll serve as the focal point for all optical and mechanical design matters and work closely with cross-functional teams and external suppliers to lead the opto-mechanical design of our new LiDAR products.
LOCATION: Candidates MUST live in/near Sunnyvale, CA
How will you make an impact?
- Develop overall architecture of thermal, mechanical, and optomechanical systems.
- Perform GD&T drawings and tolerance analysis.
- Develop specifications for optical/optomechanical/optoelectronic assemblies.
- Responsible for all phases of the opto-mechanical development lifecycle including design verification, design validation, and design transfer.
- Perform thermal analysis, shock and vibrational analysis to validate the structural integrity of the unit under test.
- Partner with key stakeholders to iterate design, account for process limitation, follow through between modeling and as-built performance.
- Manage the partnership with suppliers to collaborate on critical development and risk reduction.
- Contribute to product development road maps and long-term product vision.
- Drive cross-functional team on multiple projects, establishing clear goals and priorities throughout the product development process.
- Travel to support build during critical new product introduction phases.
What qualifications and skills will make you succeed in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related disciplines with at least 8 years of working experience, or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related disciplines with at least 5 years of working experience, or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related disciplines with at least 2 years of working experience.
- 5+ years of experience with precision optical/mechanical alignment tools and techniques.
- 5+ years of experience with opto-mechanical design, machine shop capabilities, mechanical tolerancing sensitivity, thermal stability, and manufacturing processes.
- 5+ years of experience with optomechanical principles and optical processes including diamond turning, injection molding and micro-machining.
- 5+ years of experience with complex optical systems, lasers, free-space optical systems and components is a plus.
What core values will you add at Innovusion?
- Emerging: We embrace the challenges with the opportunities as we shape our future together.
- Dynamic: It is the combination of each member’s energy, innovative spirit, open-mindedness, creativity, and unique experience that give us our dynamic edge.
- Genuine: We keep it real – be it with our customers, our partners, or each other. We are dedicated to being honest and collaborative in all that we do.
- Excellence: We continuously strive for higher performance, higher quality, higher precision, and higher safety.
Where is this role located?
Hybrid: This role is a hybrid position in Sunnyvale, CA. Candidate must be able to travel up to 20%.
What are the benefits and perks of working at Innovusion?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights:
- A variety of health insurance plans
- Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness reimbursement
- Hybrid work mode
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings etc.)
What is the Pay Range?
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, annual base salary for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Innovusion. We also offer an annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for equity (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success.
Innovusion, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Innovusion is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
Innovusion takes data privacy and identity theft very seriously. As such, we do not request personally-identifiable information (PII) from applicants over the internet or electronically. Please kindly refrain from disclosing your PII electronically during the application process or to unauthorized websites that may purport to be Innovusion or any of our affiliates.