Head of Legal Affairs
Founded in 2016, Innovusion has core R&D teams in Silicon Valley, USA and Suzhou, China. Relying on the advanced technologies and controllable cost, Innovusion's long range image-grade LiDAR is a market leader in the autonomous driving industry. Products are also widely used in the field of vehicle-road collaboration, rail transit, intelligent highway and unmanned mining.
At Innovusion we are pushing the boundaries of LiDAR technology and providing cutting-edge products and services to worldwide customers. We are looking for a Head of Legal Affairs as in-house legal counsel to Innovusion’s Board, executive leadership team, and other team members on legal and risk management issues relating to general business practices. This position manages a range of complex contractual, litigation, tax, regulatory, compliance matters and assists with Innovusion governance policies and practices.
You want to work in a fast-paced, growing company. You know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. You take extreme ownership and want to create value. You maintain high standards of ethics, integrity and confidentiality at all times due to access to highly sensitive information.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Oversee the legal matters of the business as a whole and globally, including acting as the business’ legal representative.
- Quickly assimilate Innovusion’s internal structures, product offerings, technology, security/data protection systems, policies, and standard commercial contracts to enable effective support across all lines of business.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents including non-disclosure agreements, partnership, vendor and other commercial contracts, and manage the contract process from drafting to execution.
- Collaborate with corporate development and business development teams for corporate development events and provide legal support for company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Manage legal requests from all areas of the business, summarizing, communicating, and advising on legal concepts in support of business partners and company executives.
- Partner with both internal and external legal teams to build, execute, and manage an IP strategy and portfolio, including developing and growing a patent portfolio, identifying, and mitigating third-party IP issues, and providing counsel to executive team on IP issues and strategy.
- Lead corporate governance matters, including maintaining subsidiaries, tracking filing obligations, drafting board and shareholders meeting materials and other corporate matters.
- Lead investigation and litigations.
- Track and facilitate process of obtaining licenses and communication with regulators.
- Conduct ad-hoc legal research, develop in-house standard templates and policies review company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions, and maintain organizational record keeping system.
- Stay up-to-date and advise executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
What We Look For In You:
- JD or LLM degree plus active license by the state bar of California
- 10+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm and/or an in-house legal team, preferably in a high-tech industry
- Experience in general corporate and securities matters
- Enthusiastic about LiDAR technology and have basic understanding (or eager to learn) about relevant legal/regulatory landscape
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well with others and to thrive in a collaborative team
- Ability to navigate through legal ambiguity with high degree of focus
Nice to Haves:
- Self-starter, quick learner with sense of urgency, highly driven and proactive
- Experience working on cross-jurisdictional matters and with a global legal team
- Project management experience with superior organizational skills
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, annual base salary for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Innovusion. We also offer an annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for equity (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success.
Something looks off?