People Team Coordinator (Part-time)
We exist for American workers and their employers -- who are the backbone of our economy. That is where Centivo comes in -- our mission is to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills.
The People Team Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with various administrative tasks, employee engagement initiatives, and People Team processes to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the People Team. Your primary focus is on creating a positive and inclusive work environment while also helping to streamline HRIS processes and enhance employee experiences. This is a part-time position working 20-25 hours each week with flexibility to choose a schedule somewhere between 8:30a - 5:00p EST throughout the week.
- Maintain HR data integrity, including pre-boarding paperwork, personnel files, and employee databases.
- Help employees with questions regarding HRIS system and security access, basic navigation, troubleshooting questions that pop-up regarding system issues.
- Collaborate with the People Team to coordinate new employee orientations and onboarding activities.
- Schedule interviews, meetings, and training sessions for the People Team as needed.
- Support the planning of employee engagement activities, such as team-building events, wellness programs, and recognition initiatives.
- Prepare People-related reports, presentations, and documentation.
- Communicate policies and updates to team members and address general HR-related queries.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with the importance of single-source of truth (SSOT) practices
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Intermediate level Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in HR software; Paylocity preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in work experience
- 1 year of work experience in HRIS data entry and maintenance
- 2 years of work experience in an HR role
- This position is based in the Buffalo, NY Office, with ability to work from home on Fridays.
- Resilient – This is wicked hard. There is no easy button for healthcare affordability. Luckily, the mission makes it worth it and sustains us when things are tough. Being resilient ensures we don’t give up.
- Uncommon - The status quo stinks so we had to go out and build something better. We know the healthcare system. It isn't working for members, employers, and providers. So we're building it from scratch, from the ground up. Our focus is on making things better for them while also improving clinical results - which is bold and uncommon.
- Positive – We care about each other. It takes energy to do hard stuff, build something better and to be resilient and unconventional while doing it. Because of that, we make sure we give kudos freely and feedback with care. When our tank gets low, a team member is there to be a source of new energy. We celebrate together. We are supportive, generous, humble, and positive.
To determine our range, we consider as many of the following data points as are available to us: external market salary survey data, internal data in terms of comparable roles and our budget for the position. Compensation is both an art and a science (as is negotiating a salary for a new job at a new company!), so what we have posted is our good faith estimate of what we expect to pay. We encourage candidates to apply for positions that are of interest and share their desired salary. We consider that as an additional data point, along with candidate skills and qualifications as part of our process.
Who we are:
Centivo is an innovative health plan for self-funded employers on a mission to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their medical bills. Anchored around a primary care based ACO model, Centivo saves employers 15 to 30 percent compared to traditional insurance carriers. Employees also realize significant savings through our free primary care (including virtual), predictable copay and no-deductible benefit plan design. Centivo works with employers ranging in size from 51 employees to Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit centivo.com.
Headquartered in Buffalo, NY with offices in New York City and Buffalo, Centivo is backed by leading healthcare and technology investors, including a recent round of investment from Morgan Health, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co.