Co-op, Non-viral Delivery
Beam is seeking a self-motivated co-op with an exciting opportunity to work in the LNP (lipid nanoparticle) Discovery team from January through June 2024. The individual will work on developing safe and potent delivery systems to enable in vivo base editing in the bone marrow. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of basic organic chemistry and biology, completed an entry level lab course, and most importantly be enthusiastic about new technologies. Your co-op will be an opportunity to learn and work in an exciting new field that sits at the intersection of organic chemistry, biology, and analytical chemistry.
- Prepare high quality lipid nanoparticle formulations for physicochemical and in vivo evaluation.
- Perform LNP characterization assays including particle size, encapsulation efficiency, endotoxin etc.
- Perform LNP functionalization reactions with various targeting ligands.
- Contribute to study designs for LNP formulation optimization.
- Document, analyze, interpret, and present scientific findings to internal and external audience.
- Pursuing a degree from a science or engineering major in chemistry or biology, or related field.
- Completed entry level organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and biology courses.
- Completion of chemistry and biology related lab courses is highly desirable.
- Team player, comfortable working collaboratively and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Fully embrace Beam’s culture.