Associate Director, Research IT Business Partner
The role of the Associate Director, Research IT Business Partner is to collaborate with Beam’s Research organization and Internal IT team to develop, implement and manage the technology roadmap and maintain effective partnerships with Beam’s Research organization leadership, scientists, and other subject matter experts across a range of Research disciplines.
- Partner with Beam’s Research organization leadership, scientists, and other subject matter experts to design and execute against a technology roadmap of current and future systems.
- Identify and understand existing pain points and business requirements within the Research organization to maximize the usage and value of existing systems, and develop new capabilities as needed.
- Act as the IT System Owner for all relevant functional systems and the primary point of contact for the designated user groups on all topics related to IT.
- Collaborate with other IT Business Partners and colleagues to resolve issues, deliver solutions, and manage project dependencies to ensure an effective enterprise approach to system planning and design.
- Ensure compliance with IT processes and standards to support compliance with relevant regulations (GxP, SOX, Privacy).
- Manage vendor relationships (software and service providers) in the context of both project delivery and ongoing operations.
- Manage a small team of Research IT Analysts and support professional development and career growth.
- Manage projects and resources across multiple efforts to ensure successful and timely delivery of key initiatives
- Foster a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Strong domain knowledge of the work performed with the Research functions, including the ability to effectively collaborate with functional stakeholders on requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of complex scientific and/or information technology projects.
- Experience with TetraScience Data Platform, Tableau, Benchling, Geneious, Amazon AWS and other relevant systems.
- Experience in business relationship management, project management, business systems analysis, software development/deployment and support.
- Experience with cloud technology offerings as they relate to life sciences development.
- Experience working in a regulated environment including working knowledge of system validation requirements and frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to quickly building rapport with IT colleagues, functional stakeholders, and external vendors.