Senior Technician, Facility Maintenance - HVAC
The Beam facility in Research Triangle Park is looking for an experienced pharmaceutical maintenance professional to fill the role of Facility Maintenance Technician with depth in servicing HVAC and associated site utility systems. This position supports start-up, manufacturing, site services tasks, coordination of maintenance and site services vendors, and the execution and support of the preventive maintenance and reliability program. In addition to a strong HVAC maintenance and mechanical background and service-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate should also possess the ability to schedule and collaborate with site leadership, vendors, manufacturing operators, quality, and validation.
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues with HVAC, plant utilities, and associated equipment during business hours and in on-call rotation.
- Assist with response to issues with calibrated HVAC and utility system instruments for pressure, flow, temperature, etc.
- Respond to alarms from the Building Automation and Process Control systems.
- Create individual work and review vendor work within the site CMMS system.
- Execute daily rounds and maintenance and reliability activities for plant utilities and systems (including but not limited to HVAC, Chilled/Heating Hot Water, Compressed Air, etc.).
- Review and assists with updates for Standard Operating Procedures for site and facility maintenance.
- Review the spare parts inventory program related to site utilities including mechanical and HVAC equipment.
- Ensure compliant operations in accordance with site cGMP, environmental, and federal / state requirements.
- Must be able to work onsite.
- BS, Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience in a technical discipline related to construction, utilities, or trades.
- 8-10 years’ experience in maintenance within a biotech, pharma, or medical device manufacturing environment.
- Specialized license/certifications in HVAC required.
- In depth knowledge of clean room system air balancing.
- Computer literacy with experience in CMMS (Blue Mountain RAM, Maximo, SAP, or other) Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Strong background in cGMP manufacturing / operations knowledge, Siemens BAS and DeltaV experience preferred.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- High degree of customer service focus (internal/external) and demonstrated collaboration in a team environment.
- Results oriented with the ability to demonstrate resiliency, humility, ownership, and drive.
Something looks off?