Account Receivable & Billing Manager
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We are driven by our mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum. Our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care. Join us in improving healthcare for all!
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable & Billing Manager to oversee the billing, cash application, accounts receivable, and revenue recognition functions within our finance department. Reporting directly to the Controller, the ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, exceptional attention to detail, and a strategic mindset.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and supervise billing, cash application, and accounts receivable functions, fostering a culture of collaboration, growth, and continuous process improvement.
- Oversee the accurate and timely generation of invoices and accurate application of customer payments, ensuring compliance with company policies and regulatory standards.
- Direct collection activities, employing tactful follow-up inquiries to address and resolve past-due accounts efficiently, escalating to customer facing teams when necessary.
- Maintain precise records of cash receipts, reconciling accounts regularly and swiftly addressing any discrepancies.
- Oversee the accounts receivable aging process, reviewing and reporting key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage monthly AR Close cycle ensuring all reporting activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue Operations team to develop and refine comprehensive revenue recognition policies and engage Sales as needed to ensure proper revenue treatment. Share revenue accruals with the Revenue Accountant.
- Assist with year-end audit requests.
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
- Get acquainted with the accounts receivable and billing team members, systems, and operational processes.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the departmental and company objectives, KPIs, and roadmap.
In 6 months…
- Leading cash application, and accounts receivable functions, fostering a culture of collaboration, growth and proposing improvements.
- Centralized Accounts Receivable (AR) operations
- Seamless integration between NetSuite and Salesforce for streamlined order-to-cash processes
In 12 months…
- Established a highly efficient accounts receivable and collections team with rigorous financial controls in place.
What You Need:
- 7+ Years of experience in accounting, billing, cash application, accounts receivable, and revenue recognition
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred
- Proficient in utilizing NetSuite.
- Familiarity with Software as a Service (SaaS) and recurring billing models, demonstrating an understanding of subscription-based business operations and financial processes.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the capacity to set clear expectations, deliver timely and constructive feedback, acknowledge employee achievements, and cultivate a cohesive team environment.
- A high level of judgment, analytical ability and creativity in investigating problems that require original and innovative solutions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, enabling seamless collaboration and effective conveyance of ideas and information.
- Experience working a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environments.
- A work environment that is conducive to high quality virtual interactions. This includes but is not limited to being able to work from a quiet space with minimal interruptions or distractions, and a strong internet connection.
What You Get:
- Join one of the most innovative healthcare technology companies in the country.
- Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors.
- Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits.
Belonging at Bamboo
We Care. #BambooHealthValuesCare
Every human being has the right to the best possible healthcare. Our solutions enable healthcare professionals to see and treat every individual as a whole person by providing the right information, at the right time – regardless of physical, behavioral, or social barriers.
We’re a great place to work because we care. We continually seek to learn about our differences and ensure the unique identities and contributions of all employees are welcome, valued and celebrated.
Our commitment to making a positive impact starts by recognizing and leveraging our differences, building inclusive teams, cultivating a sense of belonging, combating biases, and actively removing barriers to equity.
Bamboo Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.
#LI-Remote OR #LI-Hybrid