Sr. Channel Manager
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We are driven by our mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum. Our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care. Join us in improving healthcare for all!
The Senior Channel Manager will develop and execute on state-specific strategies to grow Bamboo’s reach in markets within their territory. They will do this primarily through partnership development, stakeholder engagement, and policy and advocacy efforts. This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role that requires engagement and buy-in from multiple internal stakeholders and the ability to leverage relationships externally.
What You’ll Do:
• Defend against regulatory headwinds, including tracking legislation, responding to draft rules, advocating with key stakeholders.
• Support current and future development of product strategy and its intersection with market trends and policy dynamics at the state and federal level.
• Manage existing association partnerships and developing new partnerships where required.
• Influence and promote Bamboo through stakeholder engagement with governmental and non-governmental officials and support the creation of procurements through the legislative process.
• Generate ongoing awareness and support among legislators and state officials, especially in states where Bamboo already has contracts, and aid efforts to ensure sustainable funding.
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
• You will have a basic understanding of Bamboo products and the intersection between those products and the broader state and federal policy landscape.
• You will have met and developed productive working relationships with key internal stakeholders.
• You will have been introduced to key external partners in your territory.
• You will have a strong working relationship with the company’s contract lobbyists.
In 6 months…
• You will have completed plans for your territory with buy-in from key internal stakeholders.
• You will have started executing on that activity with outreach to key government officials.
In 12 months…
• You will have secured support for a statewide procurement in your territory.
• You will have developed a key new strategic partnership in your territory to support Bamboo’s business objectives.
What You Need:
• B.A. required, M.P.H or M.B.A preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in health policy, ideally with a focus on health IT, Medicaid, and behavioral health.
• Experience working in both the public sector and in the digital health space preferred.
• Comfort working with a variety of internal and external colleagues, including public officials.
• Strong oral and written presentation skills.
• You will bring a can-do spirit with strong empathy, emotional intelligence, and curiosity.
• A proactive can-do attitude, along with a strong capacity for empathy, emotional intelligence, and an inherent sense of curiosity.
• A high level of judgment, analytical ability and creativity in investigating problems that require original and innovative solutions.
• Experience working a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environments.
• A work environment that is conducive to high quality virtual interactions. This includes but is not limited to being able to work from a quiet space with minimal interruptions or distractions, and a strong internet connection.
• The ability to travel frequently for work.
What You Get:
• Join one of the most innovative healthcare technology companies in the country.
• Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team.
• Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors.
• Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits.
Belonging at Bamboo
We Care. #BambooHealthValuesCare
Every human being has the right to the best possible healthcare. Our solutions enable healthcare professionals to see and treat every individual as a whole person by providing the right information, at the right time – regardless of physical, behavioral, or social barriers.
We’re a great place to work because we care. We continually seek to learn about our differences and ensure the unique identities and contributions of all employees are welcome, valued and celebrated.
Our commitment to making a positive impact starts by recognizing and leveraging our differences, building inclusive teams, cultivating a sense of belonging, combating biases, and actively removing barriers to equity.
Bamboo Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.