Billing and Collections Specialist
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We deliver on a mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum, and our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care.
This role will work alongside our Account Receivables team, contributing to our department’s operational success, including our month end closing and reporting cycles. As a billing and collections agent, you will be responsible for managing and collecting payments from customers for products or services rendered by the company. You will be required to work closely with other departments to ensure that billing and collections processes are efficient, and that customer satisfaction is maintained. Your duties will also include handling customer inquiries, resolving billing disputes, and ensuring timely and accurate billing.
What You’ll Do:
- Issue and process invoices, credit memos, and account statements for customers
- Collect payments from customers and maintain accurate records of all transactions
- Handle customer inquiries related to billing and collections, and resolve any issues or disputes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company billing policies and procedures
- Work closely with other departments, such as sales and customer service, to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Monitor and manage overdue accounts, and pursue collections activities when necessary
- Provide regular reports on billing and collections activities to management
- Implement and maintain efficient billing and collections processes to improve the customer experience and streamline operations
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
- Substantially performing your day-to-day activities while asking meaningful questions
- Being inquisitive and learning as much as you can about your new role
- Familiarized with the processes and tools required to perform your job responsibilities effectively
In 6 months…
- Fully up to speed with your responsibilities
- Able to provide meaningful analysis of our revenue
- Investigating unusual items and able to find the answers
- Deeply involved in the close process and comfortable operating in NetSuite
In 12 months…
- Identifying inefficiencies in our processes and recommending changes
- Actively searching and acting on areas of improvement and opportunities to mitigate financial risks
- You are a critical member of the overall Finance team, with the capacity to take on more responsibilities as you and the company grows
What You Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in billing and collections or a related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience with accounting software (e.g., NetSuite) preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
What You Get:
- Join one of the most innovative healthcare technology companies in the country.
- Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors.
- Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits.
Belonging at Bamboo
We Care. #BambooHealthValuesCare
Every human being has the right to the best possible healthcare. Our solutions enable healthcare professionals to see and treat every individual as a whole person by providing the right information, at the right time – regardless of physical, behavioral, or social barriers.
We’re a great place to work because we care. We continually seek to learn about our differences and ensure the unique identities and contributions of all employees are welcome, valued and celebrated.
Our commitment to making a positive impact starts by recognizing and leveraging our differences, building inclusive teams, cultivating a sense of belonging, combating biases, and actively removing barriers to equity.
Bamboo Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.