Director of Product Strategy
Bamboo Health is a leader in cloud-based care coordination software and analytics solutions focused on patients with complex needs, including those suffering from physical health and mental health issues and substance use disorders. We are driven by our mission of enabling better care for patients across the continuum. Our software solutions help healthcare professionals collaborate on shared patients across the spectrum of care. Join us in reducing human suffering in moments that matter, turning vicious healthcare cycles into virtuous ones!
As Director of Product Strategy for Controlled Substances, you drive and own strategic investment decisions and P&L level performance for our Controlled Substances product vertical. You will set the vision and strategy of the business unit including Product Roadmap direction to deliver innovative clinician experiences to enhance patient care. You will have a deep understanding of the industry, our buyers, and the competitive landscape and will be expected to craft business cases, financial projections, and influence go-to-market activities to successfully deliver outcomes.
The role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring regular collaboration with Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Engineering and regular communication with our Executive Leadership Team. You should enjoy rolling up your sleeves as a self-starter and moving quickly up your learning curve while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do:
• Be responsible for the overall health of the Controlled Substances business via ownership of the vertical’s P&L, bookings & profitability forecasting, and product/feature attach rates
• Have your finger on the pulse of what is happening within the controlled substance market including the competitive landscape
• Develop business cases and prioritization frameworks to balance investment decisions as we evaluate many different strategic options
• Build a network of partners across our key internal stakeholders to assist us in decision making and feedback processes
• Provide regular communication and updates to our Executive Leadership Team
What Success Looks Like…
In 3 months…
• Develop a deep familiarity with our existing products and product positioning at Bamboo Health, with a focus on our Controlled Substances product line
• Understand the core buyers, market trends, and competitive landscape for Controlled Substances across all customer segments
• Understand government funding and procurement processes for state Controlled Substances deals
• Internalize our 3-year strategy and roadmap. Begin to help the team in evaluating strategic opportunities
In 6 months…
• Collaborate closely with Product, Product Marketing, and Commercial teams to drive the strategy and direction of the 12-36 month roadmap
• Translate opportunities into clear and quantified business cases and create prioritization frameworks to guide investment decisions
• Begin managing to P&L targets and define bookings growth and profitability projections
• Build strong relationships across Bamboo Health to learn and share your learnings
In 12 months…
• Be a critical stakeholder to the long-term direction of business line investment and strategy
• Have full ownership of the financial health of the Controlled Substances product line
What You Need:
• A track record of owning strategy for products/product suites/lines of business
• Experience developing business cases, bookings forecasts, and profitability projections
• Business financial fluency and an understanding of key business unit financial KPIs
• 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or in house strategy roles
• You have a strong desire and willingness to learn; a roll up your sleeves attitude toward tackling novel problems
• An ability to work productively with and drive alignment and consensus among various internal stakeholders
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfort with regular presentations to the company’s Executive Leadership Team
• Experience driving projects from start-to-finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple stakeholders from diverse disciplines
• A high level of judgment, analytical ability, and creativity in investigating
strategic directions for the business line
• You feel passionate about improving healthcare outcomes
• A work environment that is conducive to high quality virtual interactions. This
includes but is not limited to being able to work from a quiet space with minimal
interruptions or distractions, and a strong internet connection.
What You Get:
• Join one of the most innovative healthcare technology companies in the country.
• Have the autonomy to build something with an enthusiastically supportive team.
• Learn from working at the highest levels and on the most strategic priorities of the company, including from world class investors and advisors.
• Receive competitive compensation, including equity, with health, dental, vision and other benefits.
Bamboo Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.